It's not just cute baby clothes and pushchairs that you have to buy when a baby comes along, but a whole host of things which fill your home before you know what's happened. I don't mind though, as I actually feel good about buying things for baby opposed to things for myself, which now just makes me feel insanely guilty. With a nursery to finish as well as a couple of essentials (and non-essentials) that I've had my eye on for a while now, I thought I'd share a New Mama Wishlist with you all.
1. We have a couple of picture hooks to fill in the nursery and as we don't really have a specific theme I'm finding myself gravitating towards prints which stand out and catch my eye. The stunningly simplistic Geometric Bear Print (£8 - £12) is a print which I've been lusting after for a couple of months now, especially as would contrast really well as a simplistic black and white design against the grey of our nursery. There's some really lovely prints available over on This Paper Book, I definitely recommend checking out the website if you're looking for some prints for home décor!
2. I love dinosaurs and I have fond memories of playing with dinosaur themed toys as a young girl. I've seen so many adorable dinosaur toys over on www.notonthehighstreet.com and I have more than a few on my lust list - like the Doppy Dino Soft Toy (£19.50) from Little Ella James. It looks so soft and lovely!
3. We have wooden flooring throughout our home and so I've been on the hunt for a rug or play-mat of sorts for the nursery floor and when I came across the Manhatten Toy Company Tactile Bear Play-mat (£39.99), I instantly fell in love! It just has the most lovely design and looks like it would be fab for tummy time and general playtime. I also really love that it has different textures and the paws and ears which are moveable, as it makes it slightly sensory! It's also a play-mat which can be rolled up and taken away with you, which would be very handy for any trips away or visiting family. You'll notice quite a few gorgeous pieces pop up on this wishlist from Lucy and Belle, a website which has left me with serious product lust!
4. What can I say, I'm a sucker for traditional themes and one of those definitely includes Beatrix Potter. I absolutely adored Beatrix Potter as a child and it's something I want to share with our baby, reading the books from the very collection I had as a child growing up (thanks mum for keeping it safe!). I love the look of this colourful Beatrix Potter Musical Carousel (£27.99) which would make the most lovely addition to the nursery. It plays Brahms Lullaby and has some of the most loved characters from Beatrix Potters stories.
5. Back in October I shared a post all about some incredible natural and organic brands baby friendly brands who create ranges of products suitable for use from birth, looking after the delicate skin of your newborn. One of the ranges we're most excited to use with Gizmo is the Sophie la Girafe, of which we have the bubble bath, hair & body wash and body lotion ready to pamper our baby with. I've been reading reviews of the Baby Protection Cream (£14.99) and really want to pick it up for one of our living room changing box. It's a 3-in-1 multi-purpose cream which can be used on both face and body, but claims to be great for nappy rash, so an essential for any newborns!
6. My love for dinosaurs makes another appearance with the gorgeous Knitted Cotton T Rex Dinosaur Rattle Soft Toy (£11.95) from the Little Baby Company. They're currently half price and I really, really wanted to snap one up - but the stone coloured one I want is currently sold out, so I'm really hoping they get more in stock soon!
7. Another classic I can't ignore, my love for Winnie-the-Pooh is another love from my own childhood that I hope to share with our baby. We already have a couple of Winnie-the-Pooh themed things; a toy storage system for the living room which Gizmo's nanna very kindly got for us, as well as a storage box which has been turned into our living room changing box which Gizmo's granddad picked up to match the toy storage. I have quite a collection of books already in the nursery to read to Gizmo, which desperately need some sturdy bookends to keep them upright! I adore the classic design of these Winnie-the-Pooh Bookends (£39.99) which have been on my wishlist for a few months now, I'm determined to pick them up soon!
8. Another gorgeous print from The Paper Book, this Wild Child Print (£8 - £12) comes with the option to change the colour of the trees to a colour of your choice, with 20 colours being available, so it'd be easy for us to pick the best one to fit the colour scheme of grey and pale yellow in our nursery. I just love the sentiment of 'Wild Child', this is definitely going to be a must for us!
9. We have a couple of wash cloths/flannels and hooded baby towels, but all of them have been quite cheap - last resort picks from supermarket ranges because I couldn't find what I was looking for. The Twinkle Classic Hooded Towel + Washcloth Set (£29.95) is exactly what I've been looking for; gender neutral, a simple yet beautiful design, plus it's made with soft muslin and terry cloth. Perfect!
10. I'm determined to make baby massages a regular part of our routine with Gizmo, having done a fair bit of research into the benefits it has for baby, especially with digestion and general health. I have a skin-loving baby massage oil ready and raring to go, but I'm also intrigued by the Burt's Bees Baby Bee Nourishing Baby Oil (£9.95), and let's be honest, when can I ever have just one of something?! It fits in nicely with my need for natural products to use with our baby and having been a big fan of Burt's Bees for many years now, adoring many of their products ranges, I have a sneaky suspicion it'll smell incredible too!