Nottingham born and bred, I am always proud of the fact I am from Robin Hood County. I've lived in a fair few cities in my 26 years, including the UK's capital itself, London, but Nottingham has always remained my favourite City. Nottingham is home.
I was recently contacted by the lovely team over at Fragrance Direct and told about a very interesting survey Fragrance Direct have done in order to find out whether men are as in-tune to fragrances, both for men and women, as women are. As well as finding out just how well men know their partners tastes, the survey showed the most popular scents both overall in the UK and by City. Here's some interesting stats from the survey for you to get stuck into:
- 18% of female participants admitted to owning six fragrances or more, with men coming in at 7.9%.
- Men in Bristol, 41%, and Dublin, 36%, are most in-tune to their partners tastes in choosing the scents their partners like the most. Whilst Leeds and Belfast are not so in-tune, with both cities coming in at a big fat 0% for male participants picking the scents their partners like.
- On average a majority of participants disclosed they spend between £51 - £100 on fragrances a year.
- The most popular scent in the UK voted by female participants in the survey, is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, with a huge 17% choosing it as their favourite.
- On the flip side, the most common cologne among male participants showed to be Calvin Klein CK One, with 13% of men completing the survey hailing it as their preferred scent.
As someone who has quite an expansive fragrance collection and finds it impossible to resist new scents, I think the survey conducted by Fragrance Direct is super fascinating. Especially when you consider how we gauge our partners tastes; my partner has bought me one fragrance in our 3 years together, and he got it so spot on I was absolutely shocked and more than pleasantly surprised.
As well as finding out how well men know the scents that the women in their lives might go for, the survey showed which scent is most popular by which city. For Nottingham that scent is none other than Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette. With a beautifully designed bottle that has a lovely and delicate looking daisy top, Marc Jacobs Daisy is a perfect everyday, every occasion scent. A fresh and floral fragrance, it boasts top notes of Strawberry, Violet Leaf and Blood Grapefruit, with heart notes of Gardenia, Jasmine and Violet, alongside base notes of Musk, Vanilla and White Woods.
Are you from Nottingham too? I'd love to know whether Marc Jacobs Daisy is your favourite scent - and if not, what scent ticks your boxes?
You can pick up Marc Jacobs Daisy 50ml Eau de Toilette at a discounted price of £43.99 over at www.fragrancedirect.co.uk.
*PR samples - Disclaimer