As time goes by you may notice things about your physical appearance that you’re not happy with; skin can start to wrinkle and sag and you may detect fats that have accumulated in areas around your face and neck that weren’t there before. Although you will notice many changes around the rest of your body, your face is the most noticeable.
This can have a negative effect on a person’s confidence, meaning they are no longer as sure of themselves. Well, not to worry – there are a number of things you are able to do to make sure you age gracefully, whether you want to gain back that confidence or simply maintain a youthful appearance:
- Sun Protection – First things first you need to make sure that you protect your skin from the sun as it can dramatically increase the aging of your skin. Make sure you wear a hat that shades your face from the sun and apply a high factored sun block on sunny days. This can prevent brown spots and dull skin as well as helping to prevent skin cancer.
- Moisturise – You need to ensure that your skin stays hydrated as dryer skin ages much more quickly. Without regular moisturising your skin can start to look older than it actually is.
- Exfoliation – Exfoliation is a necessary part of skin care as it gently removes the dead skin on your face and neck whilst ensuring that it stays soft and smooth. It also encourages blood flow which can bring some colour to your face.
- Surgery – For some people aging may bring with it a lack of confidence which prevent them from enjoying their lives, which is where surgery can be a great option. There are many different types of treatments and procedures that you can undergo to target certain areas that you are not happy with.
- Eat and Drink Right – Eating the right foods can do wonders for your health, which can have a knock on effect towards your skin. Plenty of fruit and vegetables can give you the vitamins and minerals needed, and vitamin C is thought to be especially good for the skin. Drinking plenty of water is also necessary for ensuring that your skin stays hydrated.
- Botulinum Toxin Injections – This may not be for you if you are not fond of injections, however, it is a popular choice for many. The most commonly heard name for this is Botox, however there are many other botulinum toxins available. They work by partially restraining the muscles that create expression lines so that the skin can smooth out.
- Stop Smoking – People who smoke are more prone to wrinkles as they occur much sooner and run much deeper. The lack of blood flow to the face as well as the facial expressions associated with smoking, such as pursed lips and squinting eyes to keep out the smoke, can contribute to this.
Now that you know what you can do to help yourself to age gracefully, as well as the options available to you if you want to reduce the appearance of aging skin, you can take matters into your own hands. Sureness in your appearance can have a big impact on your confidence which is why you should do what best suits you.
I post daily, keep up to date with my newest posts by following me
*This guest post was written by Ekta Mair who, after undertaking a mini face lift from Wentworth Clinic, has regained her confidence and now feels she has a new lease of life without the worry of excess and sagging skin.
**As this post is a guest post, it was not written by me and does not reflect my own opinions.