It's no secret I am a big skincare fan and I always look forward to trying new products. Over the past few months my skincare routine has reached a whole new level, with new products I have fallen in utter adoration with and which have surpassed my expectations by a long shot. I have been trying new products from brands I have never heard of before, to cult products from some of my favourite and highly reputable skincare brands.
1. Ultrasun SPF30 - Come rain or shine, SPF is an important part of my skincare routine, Ultrasun has a fairly light consistency, but can feel heavier on my skin than alternatives. I prefer opting for Ultrasun when I don't plan to wear makeup, as I've found with my naturally oily skin it doesn't work particularly well when I use it whilst wearing makeup. This SPF saved me in the hottest of day's we've been lucky to get this summer. Ultrasun have a huge variety of SPF products for both the face and body and the prices range from £6-£26. Ultrasun is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin types, and they also offer different products for specific skin types. A fantastic aspect of Ultrasun as a brand is that you need only apply once a day; with it's SPF30 and high UVA and UVB protection, the non-greasy, free from perfume, oil and emulsifiers formula, lasts all day! It also contains Vitamin E. Fab! (Available at John Lewis)
2. Kiehl's Activated Sun Protector for Face SPF50* - An SPF I can wear any time, any day, makeup or no makeup. With an incredible formula; an almost liquid light formula which sinks into my skin and feels weightless when on, this is a fuss-free SPF. Suitable for all skin types, the Activated Sun Protector for Face has an SPF50, formulated with patented, photostabilized sun-filter technology, which provides a broad sprectrum UVA and UVB protection, keeping your skin safe and protected. An SPF of 50 is incredibly high and in my experience, the higher the SPF, the greasier and thicker the formula. But fear not, Kiehl's have got their SPFs down to perfection, with an oil-free and paraben free formula, I can apply makeup straight after applying this onto my skin, with no worries or problems controlling my oil throughout the day. The only downside to this SPF is that it needs to be reapplied every few hours. But, that said, as the UK certainly doesn't make it onto the 'hottest Countries in the World' list, I only apply once in the morning before makeup. If I am not wearing makeup that day and haven't opted for my Ultrasun, then I don't mind popping another layer on throughout the day. (Available at Kiehl's*, £28)
3. Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner* - Favourite product alert! This toner has really opened my eyes to a whole new world of facial exfoliators. I haven't reached for my usual favourite facial exfoliators in weeks, because the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner has completely taken over in the exfoliating ranks, giving me the soft, supple and smooth skin I've always longed for. With tamarind and white nettle, this is an exfoliating lotion which works to brighten, smooth and soften the skin. I find it far less abbrasive on my skin than many manual exfoliators, yet it leaves my skin with a whole new level of softness. I apply this 2-3 times a week, soaking a cotton pad in the lotion and applying all over my face and neck but avoiding the delicate eye area. It has a very gentle scent, which reminds me of freshly washed bedding, and it doesn't sting or irritate my skin on application. Every morning after using this, I wake up to baby soft skin that looks and feels a million times better than the night before. Besotted. I could never be without this now. It's up there with my holy grails. (Available at Clarins*, £25)
4. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil* - Come on, hands up, whose seen this little beauty do the rounds of beauty blogs and YouTubers? It seems everyone is besotted with the Trilogy Rosehip Oil and after trialing it for a few weeks, I can see why. First thing I want to mention about this facial oil is the price. Some facial oils can be very expensive; the Trilogy Rosehip Oil is a super purse-friendly £16.50. Considering facial oils can last months and months, this is a facial oil anyone on any budget can indulge in. I apply 3-4 drops of this non-greasy, organic rosehip oil to my face both morning and night and my skin has thanked me for it! With big aims of minimising the appearance of wrinkles, smoothing the skins surface and improve the skins moisture levels to leave a radiant and glowing complexion, I have found each and every claim met. I didn't see immediate results - You rarely do with skincare products, but after continued daily use I have seen these claims met - minus the wrinkles, as I am thankful not to have any wrinkles yet. It's very light-weight, it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, oily or sticky and it benefits my skin. What more could you want? Perhaps the Omega 3, 6 and 9, essential fatty acids and antioxidants in this little beauty will sway you - this is an oil everyone needs to try! (Available at Boots*, £16.50)
5. Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning - I'm laying the blame (read as praises and thanks) for this beauty purchase with Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup who has raved and raved about the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning. I have never used a tanning product on my face before, but Clarins is a brand I trust so I was happy to give this a go. I need to be a bit better with applying this; some weeks I'll pop it on every night before bed, but then I'll skip it for a week or so. To apply I moderately soak a cotton pad with the lotion and wipe over my face and down my neck, to ensure I'm not left with any funny tan lines. The beautiful, naturally glowing complexion I wake up with after using this is just stunning. Although my body has tanned this summer, my face is always protected with a high SPF so has stayed my usual olive skin-tone. This has made my face and neck match my body, and left me looking glowing, like I've just come back from holiday. Even better? No nasty self-tanning smell. (Available from Clarins, £18)
6. Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser* - I've fallen in love with a pot of cream. The Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser completely surpassed any expectations I had and has been an absolute miracle addition to my skincare routine. Using this morning and night every day for a few weeks now, this is the product I look forward to using most each day. With a refreshing scent of fresh citrus fruits, this newly released moisturiser from Origins contains skin-boosters such as panax ginseng and coffee bean. Super lightweight with an almost gel like consistency, this refreshing and awakening moisturiser is oil-free and like an energy drink for your skin! Working to boost hydration levels, revive lack-lustre skin, this pot of orange goodness has made my skin feel softer, smoother, definitely more hydrated, all whilst working well with my oily skin and not aggrivating my skin. It's soft, gentle and cooling on the skin when applied and I don't know about anyone else, but for me? This is like Hydraluron in a moisturiser. Amazing, could not recommend enough. (Available from Origins*, £23)
I post daily, keep up with my newest posts by following me
*This post contains PR samples, but all views are my own and 100% honest.